Cornerstone of a truly global firm
White & Case is a leader in bank regulatory and financial institutions advisory work in the UK, where our practice offers comprehensive and unique competence in both advisory and contentious work
Led by experienced financial services partner Carmen Reynolds, the practice offers advice and guidance on the entire spectrum of financial services activities and enquiries relating to the workings of the Financial Services Authority.
Our work focuses on wholesale and investment banking, structured products, capital markets and securities and investments. Many of our lawyers have spent considerable time working within the regulators and we also second members of our team to financial institutions, giving us a unique appreciation and understanding of the practical risk management and commercial issues clients face.
Our London lawyers work closely with colleagues around the network, particularly those in our New York bank regulatory and broker dealer practices. Our Brussels office adds unique depth in terms of coverage with the European Commission.
We also assist clients with internal, regulatory and government investigations and enforcement litigation. We work with clients to develop available defences and steer them through the many substantive and strategic issues that arise in the evolving enforcement environment.
By providing sound, practical advice for navigating through new laws and responding to clients' day-to-day regulatory challenges, we enable financial institutions to focus their full attention on the business with which they are most familiar: capturing emerging financial opportunities and increasing the profitability of their global and domestic operations
- Practical thinkers and solution-oriented. Having had involvement in drafting and debating fundamental parts of the legislation and related guidance, we are familiar with the regulatory objectives and can thus add value to difficult questions of interpretation
- Strong links with the FSA – we are aware of the regulator’s mindset and continue to foster this relationship to the benefit of our clients
- Substantial expertise and a proven track record of advisory and contentious regulatory work
- Our lawyers have a commercial, practical approach that helps you achieve your strategic objectives while keeping costs to a minimum
- We believe strongly in developing a solid relationship where we are able to provide added value to financial institutions’ day-to-day running