More than 400 fee earners
Construction & Engineering
The London based Construction & Engineering group has broad experience in advising on all aspects of international engineering, procurement and construction projects from bid documents to financing, financial support arrangements, concession contracts, joint ventures, construction contracts, subcontracts, technology supply and license agreements, technical service agreements, project management agreements, operational management agreements, and contract administration.
Our expertise is project and client driven and we often draft bespoke contractual documentation for major construction projects as well as negotiating the key suites of construction documentation.
As we have advised on many of the world's largest projects our expertise covers all major sectors including commercial property, hotels, metals and minerals, oil & gas, power, process plant, transport infrastructure and water.
Our lawyers have experience in 60 countries' legal systems and extensive "on the ground" contacts in most jurisdictions worldwide. In the last two years the Group has advised on construction projects in Eastern Europe, Latin America, the Middle East, Asiatic Russia, Sub-Saharan Africa and South East Asia as well as the United States with a combined value of in excess of US$80 billion.
- Extensive experience acting for owners, contractors and lenders.
- A specialist construction team, acting as a single point of contact for project development, contract administration and dispute resolution matters.
- A depth of expertise enhanced by the construction team’s international experience and capability.
- A through understanding of the commercial issues arising out of any major project.
- The ability to quickly identify and effectively resolve any construction issues that might arise in international domestic transactions.
- Unparalleled experience in the conduct of all types of international disputes.